The KN-COSM-BA is an easy to install alarm that is suitable for all living areas and has a 10-year life and a 5-year limited warranty. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
- Power: 2 AA Battery
- Smoke Sensor: Ionization
- CO Sensor: Electrochemical
- Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
- Temperature Range: 40˚F (4.4˚C) to 100˚F (37.8˚C)
- Humidity Range: 10%-95% relative humidity non-condensing
- Interconnects: No
- Voice Alarm: Announces the hazard type detected thereby helping to speed up the correct reaction to the hazard detected. Alarm announces “Fire!” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “Warning Carbon Monoxide” when a CO hazard is detected
- Combined Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm: A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and helps to keep home décor attractive.
- Test/Reset Button: Tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement.
- LEDs: Flashing green for normal operation and flashing red for alarm condition
- Low Battery Warning: The unit warns of a low battery condition by announcing “low battery” and by initiating an alarm chirp and activating a flashing red LED.
- Battery Powered: Provides protection even during power outages when many fire and carbon monoxide incidents occur.
- Battery Safeguard: The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed
- Diameter: 5.6"
- Depth: 1.8"